FIREARM -FFL- TRANSFERS @ NWA
FFL to FFL Transfer $45 per serial # item (plus tax 8.25% and BG if No CCW) as of 1/01/18 we no longer handle transfers that are not picked up within 2 weeks. We do NOT handle Private Party Transfers or Transfers from Individuals or used Firearms.
– Transfers with CCW and Invoice with amount paid Required
Nevada Drivers License Only (We do NOT accept Identification Cards, Limited-Term DL or Passports)
Invoice with Credit Card Last 4 digits used with Total Price; and
Credit Card with Name on it.
1. If we can’t order the item – complete your online purchase. If NWA is not listed on their website, type our name in and complete purchase – call us with the store’s name & email address of where you purchased it.
2. Wait for an email of delivery confirmation from online store UPS, FEDEX, USPS. — Come in at your convenience.
3. Come in and Inspect your Transfer.
4. Fill out the 4473 and provide DL and CCW.
5. Pay for Transfer $45 and Sales Tax on $amount$ paid.
***We do not handle Private Party Transfers or local In-State-Transfers.***
– TRANSFERS without CCW or all documents can take 25 mins to 5 business days.
Items required: Firearm email confirmation of delivery, FFL and Invoice with $$$ listed shipped with firearm and DL for Background Check which can take 15 mins to 5 business days (not counting Saturday, Sundays or holidays).
1. Steps 1 through 4 above.
5. Pay for Transfer $45 + Sales Tax on $amount$ + BG of $25 and wait for Background check call in.
6. BG checks with “Proceed” response will take firearm immediately. We do NOT release on “Unresolved” or “Denied” responses.
7. BG checks with any other response will wait 4-5 business days — not including Saturday, Sunday or state/federal holidays.
– The transfer fee is incurred upon Delivery at our Store – returns, shipped wrong items, etc. are between you and the Original Dealer/Seller and Transfer charges will apply. Transfers will be held for Twenty (20) Days. After Thirty Days, the transfer fee will be $50 plus storage fees of $20 per month apply. After 120 Days, Transfers will be considered abandoned and forfeited and sold at auction.****
WE DO NOT ACCEPT SHIPMENTS OF ACCESSORIES OR AMMO ON BEHALF OF CUSTOMERS. Northwest Arms WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE for any items or accessories shipped with a transfer or to our store.
Provide your out-of-state FFL dealer our email address email@example.com to request a copy.
NWA is on file at hundreds of FFL’s in USA – No need call – just following tracking #.
By shipping a firearm to Northwest Arms, it means that you understand and accept the transfer policy as put forth by this document.
Terms & Conditions of Firearm & Accessory Sales/Transfers
ALL SALES ARE FINAL – TRANSFERS OR PURCHASES. Firearms cannot be returned once they have been transferred to the Customer/Buyer. Once the firearm has been transferred, it is considered USED, even if it has not been fired. The Customer/Buyer must inspect the firearm before completing the transfer and notify “The transfer/selling FFL” immediately if there is a problem. If a firearm has a problem or defect after the transfer – do not return to store – send directly to Manufacture. Northwest Arms is not responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit by USPS or UPS or FEDEX once it has left the store.
****ANY TRANSFERRED FIREARM or ITEMS THAT ARE NOT PICKED UP WITHIN 120 DAYS OF RECEIPT WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED PROPERTY AND WILL BE FORFEITED TO NORTHWEST ARMS. FIREARMS or ITEMS NOT CLAIMED WITHIN 120 DAYS OF RECEIPT WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.****
ABANDONED FIREARMS/CLASS III / TRANSFERS: Once a firearm or item is considered abandoned, Northwest Arms reserves the right to possess and sell the firearm at no further recompense to the Customer/Buyer/Seller.
Cancellation of sale due to DELAYS and/or DENIALS is $100 / CANCEL AFTER 4473 FILLED OUT and/or BACKGROUND CHECK RAN is $100 / CHANGE OF MIND or CHANGE OF ITEM is $50.